[Adapt] [Seminar] Selectional Preference

徐栋 xudong1991 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 21:44:50 CST 2013

Hi all,

In tomorrow's seminar, I'll talk about selectional preference.

Selectional preferences are a useful and versatile resource for a
number of applications, such as syntactic disambiguation, semantic
role labeling and word sense disambiguation. The selectional
preference can be defined as the semantic restrictions the predicate
imposes on its arguments. For example, a verb like drink typically
prefers
animate subjects and drinkable objects. I'll give you a brief
introduction about this topic and also some existing models.

PS: The location is SEIEE-03-528, and we'll begin at 4 PM.

Hope you enjoy it!

Best,
Dong