[Adapt] Fwd: 23日10点学术报告

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Apr 22 18:36:59 CST 2014

Hi all,

Pls go to this talk. Much of our work is related to Daisys work.

Kenny

Sent from Samsung Mobile

来自佛罗里达大学计算机信息科学与工程系的一位助理教授Wang Zhe将于23日(明天)上午10点在404教室做一个题为“ Large
Probabilistic Knowledge Base
Systems”的学术报告,诚邀有兴趣的老师和同学前来参加!(麻烦老师们转发给学生,谢谢!)以下为讲座具体内容:

Title: Large Probabilistic Knowledge Base Systems
Speaker: Zhe Wang
Time: 10:00-11:30, 23rd April
Venue: SEIEE 3-404
Abstract: Keyword search engines have been the state-of-the-art
information retrieval tool over large text corpora for two decades. To
date, most search engines have little understanding that keywords and
documents refer to entities and relations in real-life. Better search
results and experience can be achieved by understanding entities and
relations in documents as well as in queries. A knowledge base (KB)
containing relevant entities and relations should be the backbone of any
application that is fueled by text. Given a large amount of text data, a
system is needed that can automatically construct a knowledge base using
statistical machine learning (SML) methods, manage the uncertainty
inherent in the extracted knowledge, and maintain them over time.
In this talk, I first summarize the major results from BayesStore, a
probabilistic database system that natively supports SML models and
various inference algorithms to perform query-driven knowledge
extraction from text and probabilistic query processing over uncertain
extractions. Results show that BayesStore can significantly improve
performance and answer quality for queries over unstructured text.
With BayesStore as a foundation, I propose to build a probabilistic
knowledge base (ProbKB) system with a deep integration of the SML
methods with scalable data processing frameworks. A ProbKB system should
be designed to support various aspects in the life of a knowledge base
(KB) including KB extraction, expansion,