[Adapt] [Seminar] Can Animals Speak? Natural Animal Language Understanding

黄洁仪 xsiling at sjtu.edu.cn
Wed May 11 11:05:45 CST 2022

Hi Adapters,

It's generally believed that language is a unique ability of humans. But indeed, during the livings in society for animals, some scientists have figured out acoustic communication system existed among animals. So can we take that animals can speak? In today's talk, I'll discuss the definition of 'animal languages' and show you how scientists have tried to interpret the acoustic information of animals these years by taking the example of dogs. At the end, I'll discuss the gap between what we got now and human language model like bert by introducing an animal translate project called Cetacean Translation Initiative.

Today's talk will be held online by Tencent meeting, here is the information:

骆王陈 邀请您参加腾讯会议
会议主题:Seminar
会议时间:2022/05/11 16:00-18:00 (GMT+08:00) 中国标准时间 - 北京

点击链接入会,或添加至会议列表:
https://meeting.tencent.com/dm/HaYCBP7Q2G3A

#腾讯会议:457-949-539

复制该信息,打开手机腾讯会议即可参与