[Adapt] Abstract for this week's seminar

Sui Qingyu sqybilly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:28:16 CST 2011

Hello everyone,

Enxun and I will make a talk about Name Context Extraction, which is
the project we are working on. Name Context Extraction aims to extract
the context related to an named entity from a web page, and it could
be a preprocessor for search engine or name disambiguation to improve
their performance.

Since we don't have a paper yet, it's recommended to read the two
papers in attachment: "VIPS: a Vision-based Page Segmentation
Algorithm", and "Clustering by Passing Messages Between Data Points",
as our work has mentioned them a lot.

---
Sui Qingyu

Computer Science and Engineering