[Adapt] [ADAPT]Next seminar by Zhixian

张至先 zhangzhixian1989 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:54:56 CST 2011

Hi there,

I will give a talk on our group meeting this wednesday. I would like to
introduce my work on "List Extraction" and current status of this project.

Here is the abstract:
List data is an important source of structured data on the web. This paper
is concerned with “top-k list” pages, which are web pages that describe a
list of k instances of a particular topic or concept. Examples include “the
10 tallest persons in the world” and “the 50 hits of 2010 you don’t want to
miss”. We present an efficient algorithm that extracts the target lists with
high accuracy even when the input pages contain other non-target lists of
the same size or errors. The extraction of such lists can help enrich
existing knowledge bases about general concepts, or act as a proprocessing
step to produce facts for a fact answering engine.

You are welcome to visit our wiki site for further information:
http://www.cs.sjtu.edu.cn/~kzhu/wiki/index.php5/Top_K_List_Extraction

Thanks,
Zhixian