[Adapt] Seminar

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Wed Dec 12 13:59:53 CST 2012

Hi guys,

>From today onwards, we will go back to 03-528 for our seminar. Thanks!

Kenny

From: adapt-bounces at cs.sjtu.edu.cn [mailto:adapt-bounces at cs.sjtu.edu.cn] On
Behalf Of Kaiqi Zhao
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:43 PM
To: adapt at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Subject: [Adapt] Seminar

Hi guys,

In this seminar, I will introduce our work:

Clustering Web Image by Entity Disambiguation

Abstract:

Image search engine returns results in a mixed bag of different entities and
concepts without meaningful ordering or grouping because it doesn't
understand the semantics or recognize the objects in the images. This poses
inconvenience for users who are looking for a particular entity without
knowing the exact right term to search.  We propose a novel framework that
understands the context by disambiguating the terms in the context into the
corresponding concepts from an external knowledge base in a process called
conceptualization. The framework also incorporates any type of visual
signals to complement the text signals in a tri-stage clustering algorithm
which produces better clustering results than state-of-the-art approaches.
In addition, the framework automatically annotates each cluster of images by
its key concepts which allows users to quickly identify the images they
want.

I hope you will enjoy this talk.

Best regards,

Kaiqi