[Adapt] Tutorial on Part-Whole Relation Extraction

Zhao Yilong berzjackson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:36:25 CST 2012

Hi guys,
    I am Yilong. Today I'm gonna give you a second tutorial on relation
extraction. More specifically, I will introduce some techniques on the
extraction of part whole relations.
    Part-Whole relation is one of the fundamental part of human knowledge.
It captures the composition of the physical world. I will mainly introduce
a method that extract candidate pairs from large corpus, and verify these
pairs using evidence that are generated from existing knowledge base.
Compared with pattern-driven methods, this evidence-driven method does not
require seed pairs and is much more easier to extend due to its good design
in overall framework.  It is also possible to use this method extract other
kinds of relations.