[Adapt] Proper way to write emails

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Thu Jan 10 19:40:40 CST 2013

Hi guys,

A number of you may not have noticed this but many of our email exchanges are very informal, to the extent of being inappropriate. When you write someone a message, please always make sure that the email has proper subject, proper greeting to the person you are addressing, proper message body, and a signature. When I say signature, I mean you should at least say who you are with either your first name or your initial or your full name, depending on the contexts. Either way, a proper email message demonstrates your courtesy  and respect for the person you are communicating with.

So, I look forward to seeing some changes in your email style.

Cheers,

Kenny