[Adapt] [ADAPT][Seminar] Approximate Inference through Stochastic Sampling

Li Wei liwei606 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 20:51:11 CST 2013

Dear all,

Tomorrow (Wednesday) in room SEIEE-3-528 at 16:00, I will give you a talk on Approximate Inference through Stochastic Sampling which is one of the important parts of probabilistic inference. I will introduce some background knowledge and show you two methods for stochastic sampling, Rejection Sampling and Metropolis-Hastings algorithm. For those who are working on the projects related to Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing, the general inference methods may be helpful.

Hope you enjoy it!

Wei Li