[Adapt] New Semester and Group Seminars - Wednesday 4 PM in Room 528

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Sep 3 09:59:11 CST 2013

Dear Adapters,

We have finally come out of the sizzling heat this summer and the cooling
fall semester is right around the corner. Welcome back to school! For those
of you who are new to ADAPT, welcome to the family! Our weekly group seminar
will begin next week. The group seminar will be held in SEIEE-03-528 every
Wednesday from 4PM-5 PM, and sometimes it's a little longer than one hour.
For those uninitiated, the seminar will be conducted in English. Each time,
a speaker will give a 45-min talk during which interaction is encourage.
After that, members of group will ask questions about his or her work and
critique his or her presentation. We will also discuss some admin issues
during the seminar sometimes.

The Seminar attendance is compulsory for ALL ADAPT members. And you are
advised to be at the meeting room before 4 PM because our talk will start on
time. The speaker of the day is advised to prepare early by taking the video
projector from my office and setting up at least 10 mins before 4 PM. (I
have bought a new projector.)

I will schedule the one-on-one meetings with you separately either in email
or in person. If you are back to school, please drop me an email to arrange
a time to meet or come to my office directly.

Wish you a successful new academic year ahead!

Kenny