[Adapt] [Seminar] Tutorial on Gibbs Sampling

Zhao Yilong berzjackson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:03:33 CST 2014

Dear Adapters,

Our seminar tomorrow will take place as usual at 4pm in room 3-528 and I
will give you a tutorial on Gibbs Sampling.

Gibbs sampling is a general sampling algorithm that is widely used in
various graphical models for text. I will first give you the motivation
behind sampling techniques using the simplest probabilistic process, coin
flipping. Then I will show you more detail by deriving a Gibbs Sampler for
the simplest generative process that models text, Naive Bayes.

Yilong