[Adapt] [Seminar][Probabilistic Programming]

Zhao Zhuoyue zzy7896321 at 163.com
Tue Nov 11 18:35:38 CST 2014

Hi all,

Our seminar will take place tomorrow at 4pm in room 3-528, and I will give a talk about the probabilistic programming project.

Probabilistic programming languages aim to unify general purpose programming with probabilistic modeling. User can specify a probabilistic model as a probabilistic program and inference is done automatically following the specification. I will first give several examples using probabilistic programming languages. Then I will talk about our implementation using Metropolis-Hastings Sampling and several problems with this method.

This is an interesting topic. Hope you could enjoy the it.

Thanks,
Zhao Zhuoyue