[Adapt] [Seminar] Towards Social Data Platform: Automatic Topic-focused Monitor for Twitter Stream

gechen at sjtu.edu.cn gechen at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Oct 14 21:38:10 CST 2014

Dear Adapters,

Our seminar will take place tomorrow at 4pm in room 3-528, and I will give you a short talk(25mins) about one paper from VLDB, it is called "Towards Social Data Platform: Automatic Topic-focused Monitor for Twitter Stream". A data platform is proposed to automatically monitor target tweets from the Twitter stream for any given topic.

In the talk, I will first introduce background information about twitter. Then I will show you some previous approaches. Next, I will talk about the major contributions in ATM framework, as well as its two core algorithms: tweet sampling algorithm and keyword selection algorithm. Later, we will have a look at some experiment results. Finally, I will combine this paper with my current project on social media websites about drug information.

This paper is very interesting and the talk will be very easy to follow, so hope you guys could enjoy it!

Regards,
Chen