[Adapt] Schedule for coming weekly seminars

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Sep 9 12:13:19 CST 2014

Dear ADAPTers,

Our weekly group seminar will resume next Wednesday, same time (4 pm) at the
same place (SEIEE-03-528). As usual, all ADAPT members are required to
attend these seminars. Please always inform me in advance if you can’t make
it. For those of you who are new to ADAPT and have never attended the
seminars, this is a good opportunity for us to practice our communication
skills, and exchange ideas. Typically, each group member will give a 45-min
talk about his or her own research, about a research paper, or some research
survey or review. After that, audience are given chances to question the
speaker and to comment on his or her presentation. The following is a
tentative schedule for the first few talks in the common weeks:

Week 1: Yu (ICDE submission - Action conceptualization)

Week 2: Ke (ICDE submission - Rumor detection on Sina Weibo)

Week 3: Keyang (AAAI submission - Association Network)

Week 4: Jessie + Chen (VLDB special, 25 mins each)

Week 5: Kangqi + Jinyi (VLDB special, 25 mins each)

Week 6: Yu + Ke (VLDB special, 25 mins each)

Please prepare for your talks carefully and watch out for the timing.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you next week!

Kenny