[Adapt] [Seminar][Traffic Flow Prediction]

Yuchen LIN ( Bill ) yuchenlin at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue May 24 14:09:48 CST 2016

Dear Adapters,

The two most important commodities are time and energy but traffic congestion wastes both. Thus, traffic flow prediction has been a hot topic in many disciplines such as transportation science, civil engineering, policy planning, and operations research.

For the first time, real-time high-fidelity spatiotemporal data on transportation networks of major cities have become available.Therefore, we can implement data mining techniques to predict traffic behaviours.

Tomorrow I'll introduce three time series based models to address the problem: ARIMA, HAM and H-ARIMA. Our seminar will take place at 4:30 pm at SEIEE 3-528 tomorrow as usual.

Regards,

Bill (Yuchen Lin)
yuchenlin at sjtu.edu.cn <mailto:yuchenlin at sjtu.edu.cn>
+86 131-2088-9217