[Adapt] Seminar on Apache Spark

Yesheng Ma kimi.ysma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 13:03:46 CST 2017

Hi all,

  Today I will give a talk of Apache Spark, a popular big data processing
framework. I will mainly focus on the programming model of Spark and its
core abstractions. Apache Spark is implemented in the Scala programming
language and its API is somewhat similar to the Scala collection library,
which are functional data structures.

  You would understand Spark much better if you have some backgroud
knowledge in Scala-lang and functional programming languages. However, I
will try to make it as simple as possible. Also, I will show some demos
during the talk.

Best,
Yesheng

Resources: