[Adapt] [Seminar] Automatic Discovery of Adverse Drug Reactions through Chinese Social Media

章梦雪 lovealice at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Mar 28 21:51:22 CST 2017

Hi everyone,
    As we all know that the research of adverse drug reaction(ADR) is important for both the pharmaceutical company and patients but the research is always expensive and could not cover all the side-effects. A lot of ADRs are found after the launch of the drug in the market and they could only be realized by the pharmaceutical company and government after causing a serious consequence.
    Fortunately, with the development of the internet, there appears many online discussion forums such as "haodf" and "xywy" where patients could express their feelings after taking drugs. This kind of data on the website is enormous and up-to-date.In this seminar, I will explain briefly how to use these data and extract the ADRs.
    Hope to see you there :)

Best,
Mengxue