[Adapt] Important: Lab attendence

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Apr 30 11:31:12 CST 2019

Dear ADAPTers,

This mail concerns all graduate students and undergraduate students of ADAPT
who currently hold a seat in either room 341 or 329 or wants to have a seat
in the lab.

Due to the extreme short of office and lab space in SEIEE and the CS
department, a new policy is recently put in place. The net effect is that
the rental for our labs has more than *doubled*. In case you are not aware,
I have to pay for the lab space of 341 and 329 every year. The amount is
going to be around 40,000 RMB a year. Therefore, starting from now, we have
to make better use of these two labs.

I notice that a number of seats in both labs are left vacant most of the
time. In future, if you hold a seat in the lab, you must come to work in the
lab regularly during normal working days, unless you send me a prior notice
with reasons for being absent. If I notice that you leave your seat
unattended for more than 1/3 of a month, I may ask you to *give up* the seat
for someone else.  Also, if you do not intend to come to work in the lab
regularly, please let me know and return the seat and the lab key to me.

Thank you!

Kenny