[Adapt] Welcome back to the new acad year!

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Mon Aug 31 13:11:22 CST 2020

Dear ADAPTers!

The year 2020 is deemed to be remembered. Too much has happened and I hope
you all are healthy and lively. Finally we are able to get back together to
meet in classes and seminars. I can wait to see you guys!

This year sees three new official members to the group: Zitong Li (PhD
candidate), Zhiling Zhang, Zelin Zhou and Yuye Zhu (all MSc candidates).
Welcome to the ADAPT family, even though Zhiling has been around for quite a
while! Our week group seminar will resume next Wednesday , 9/9/2020, from
4:30 PM to 6 PM. The venue now needs to be booked 4 weeks in advance, and
for now I have booked 414 as usual. Our format will remain the same: two
0.5-hr talks each followed by QAs and discussions. Please try to talk about
your own work (especially you got papers published or in submission), or
talk about a tutorial of a common interest. @Yizhu, please arrange to have
our members sign up for the slots (PhD twice, masters once at least) by this
week.

I also propose that we be more active in sports and recreations this new
acad year. More Ping Pongs, basketball, soccer, swimming, come what might!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Kenny