[Adapt] [Seminar] A Study of Unsupervised Evaluation Metrics for Dialogue Response Generation

Li Zitong AutSky_JadeK at outlook.com
Wed Sep 23 10:10:49 CST 2020

Hi Adapters,

This Wednesday I'll talk about the topic of A Study of Unsupervised Evaluation Metrics for Dialogue Response Generation.

This paper investigates evaluation metrics for dialogue response generation systems where supervised labels, such as task completion, are not available. Recent works in response generation have adopted metrics from machine translation to compare a model's generated response to a single target response. They show that these metrics correlate very weakly with human judgements in the non-technical Twitter domain, and not at all in the technical Ubuntu domain. In my speech, I will introduce the traditional metrics and explain their shortcomings.

url: https://www.aclweb.org/anthology/D16-1230.pdf

Time: Wed 4:00pm

Venue: SEIEE 3-414

Best regards,