[Adapt] Evaluating the helpfulness of linked entities to readers

朱煜烨 709351575 at sjtu.edu.cn
Wed Apr 28 10:20:59 CST 2021

Hi Adapters,

We frequently encounter unfamiliar entity names while reading texts such as newspapers, magazines, and web pages. We typically search and retrieve relevant information about it. Entity linking (EL) is the task of linking entities in a text to the corresponding entries in a knowledge base.

However, EL tends to extract all of the entities, even including unnecessary ones for users. Excessive linking of entities can be distracting and degrade the user experience. In this talk, I'll introduce a method to evaluate the helpfulness of linking entities to users. Hope you enjoy my talk.

Paper lists:
[1] Evaluating the helpfulness of linked entities to readers
[2] Linkify: enhancing text reading experience by detecting and linking helpful entities to users

Time: Wed 4:00pm

Venue: SEIEE 3-414

Best Regards,

Yuye Zhu