[Adapt] Seminar

黄姗姗 798508656 at qq.com
Tue Feb 23 23:37:33 CST 2021

Hi Adapters,

     An increasing number of natural language processing papers address the effect of bias on predictions, introducing mitigation techniques at different parts of the standard NLP pipeline (data and models). However, these works have been conducted individually, without a unifying framework to organize efforts within the field.

     In this seminar, I will introduce (1) a conceptual framework for identifying and quantifying predictive bias and its origins within a standard NLP pipeline, (2) a survey of biases identified in NLP models, and (3) a survey of methods for countering bias in NLP organized within our conceptual framework.

Related paper:

Predictive Biases in Natural Language Processing Models: A Conceptual Framework and Overview

Time: Wed 4 pm
Venue: SEIEE 3-414

Best regards,

Shanshan