[Adapt] [Seminar] Biperpedia: An Ontology for Search Applications

Luo Kangqi luo.kangqi at qq.com
Tue Oct 21 21:50:21 CST 2014

Hi Adapters,

Our seminar will take place tomorrow at 4pm in room 3-528. This time I'll give you a talk about the paper "Biperpedia: An Ontology for Search Applications" which is published in VLDB 2014.‍

Biperpedia is an ontology of binary attributes that contains more than 1M <Class, Attribute> pairs and 67K distinct attribute names. In this talk I'll introduce the motivation of building Biperpedia, the difference between Biperpedia and other traditional semantic ontologies (such as Freebase), the framework to build Biperpedia, and finally, the experiment results of Biperpedia.

This paper is quite easy to follow, and I hope everyone can enjoy this talk!

Thanks,
Kangqi
Luo Kangqi
ADAPT Lab, SEIEE 3-341