[Adapt] [Seminar] Convolutional Neural Network: Intuition, Detail and Applications

Luo Kangqi luo.kangqi at qq.com
Tue Nov 3 22:29:16 CST 2015

Hi Adapters,

Our seminar will take place tomorrow at 5pm in room SEIEE 3-528.
This time, I will introduce a special neural network, called convolutional neural network.

Neural network (NN) is a powerful model that has been widely used in machine learning, especially
in the field of speech & image recognition. Inspired by the "stationary" property from images,
researchers proposed Convolutional Neural Network (CNN), making a classification task more
precise and efficient.
In the past years, CNN model was used in the field of NLP, such as information extraction and
knowledge base completion. In this talk, I'm going to show you the basic structure of NN and CNN,
besides, I will also introduce a paper as the application of CNN in NLP field.

Though this talk is more abstract than previous talks, I've prepared lots of real examples to let you
understand the intuition behind this model.
Hope you can enjoy the talk.

Best,
Kangqi
Luo Kangqi