[Adapt] Celebrating autumn 2020

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Sep 22 08:56:11 CST 2020

Dear ADAPTers,

We are planning our annual fall outing. The time is set to be the weekend of Oct 23 (After ICDE and WWW deadlines). There are three options for us to choose:

COVID-19 Memorial Trip: This will be a 4 day trip to Wuhan and the vicinity. We will leave on Thursday evening by train and come back on Monday evening by train, arriving in Shanghai on Tuesday morning. We will visit the ground zero of the COVID-19, the seafood market, the virus lab, and all the free AAAAA spots 😊.
Old town and lake trip: This will be a 2-day bike trip. We will cycle to Zhujiajiao and Dianshan Lake. Stop one night there, and cycle back the next day. We will picnic on the way and by the lake. If we have stamina, we can cycle further to Xishan Mountain in Suzhou (add one more day).
Ocean trip: This will be a 2-day bike trip. We will cycle to Dishui Lake next to the Eastern China Sea. Stop one night there and cycle back the next day. We will picnic on the way there or by the lake/sea. If you have energy, we can cycle further to Haiyan and check out the Qiantang tides (if the time is right).

As usual, I will be reimburse the train tickets and hotel stay for all of us. For the bikes, you can ride your own bike, or rent from the university bike club at a very reasonable rate (with helmet).

Next, @Yizhu will set up a voting event for us to vote which activity you like the most and we will decide based on the voting results.

Kenny

P.S. One additional note on the group seminar: pls be reminded that after your presentation, always check your talk slides into our svn under svn://adapt.seiee.sjtu.edu.cn/talks. If you don’t have an svn account, please talk to me.