[Adapt] Welcome to Fall 2015!

Kenny Zhu kzhu at cs.sjtu.edu.cn
Thu Sep 10 09:25:08 CST 2015

Dear ADAPTers,

The fall semester is around the corner. I hope you all had a good time this
summer.

Here's a quick update of the summer. Those of you doing research during this
period did a really great job! We are currently working on three AAAI papers
to be submitted next week.  Our Scala compiler project has achieved some
substantial results. Our InferSpark probabilistic programming project has
also got a good start with collaboration from Hong Kong PolyU. The next
semester will see five new graduate students in our lab. They are Yi,
Jianan, Rong, Yuchen and Xusheng. Please say hi to them!

Our group seminar will continue next week, as usual every Wednesday 5 - 6 PM
at Room 03-528. Please be present at least 5 mins in advance. Our first talk
will be on the Scala compiler project.

On the leisure side, Kangqi has booked badminton court for us once every
week at the new stadium. He will update on the detailed time and venue in a
separate email. You are welcome to join the game!

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Kenny